Germany and Lithuania work very active together in the field of soil science. There are on the one hand great projects of the European community but also bilateral scientific partnership between universities and governmental institutions and companies. So UGT as a company is one of the many good examples for this mutual cooperation.
The joint project of Aleksandras Stulginskis University, Kaunas, Lithuania and Technical University Munich (Germany) with the topic “INTEGRATED EFFECT OF CLIMATE AND OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL STRESSES ON FOREST ECOSYSTEM” has started recently.
For UGT it was a pleasure to support the installation of the measurement equipment in the National Park Nationalpark Aukštaitija. Dr. Christian Heerdt explained the advantage of the heat ratio and heat field deformation method, as well as dendrometer measurements. The cooperation with the TU Munich was very good. The installation in the beautiful landscape of Lithuania showed again how precious and delicate we should treat our treasures in environment.
We used these days as a chance for a fruitful discussion about further extension of environmental monitoring instrumentation with the head of the institute Prof. Dr. Algirdas Augustaitis (Aleksandras Stulginskis University), Vitas Marozas (Aleksandras Stulginskis University) and Dr. Manuela Baumgarten (TUM).
International workshop at the Alexandras Stulginskis university in Lithuania, Kaunas, April 8, 2016 – brain storming with international colleagues is a very good investment to define the way towards a healthier environment.
The workshop took place on Friday the 8th of April and dealt with the following topics, see the programme for your information:
- THE USE OF LYSIMETER DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES IN FOREST RESERCH,
Kęstutis Armolaitis – Lithuanian Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry
- LYSIMETER TECHNIQUE, OVERVIEW AND CASE STUDIES, Sascha Reth – UGT
- DATA SERVICE AND VISUALIZATION LYSIDATA & SVADSS,Sascha Reth – UGT
- INFLUENCE ON THE CONTROL OF THE LOWER BOUNDARY – TENSION AND TEMPERATURE, Sascha Reth – UGT
- FOREST TRANSPIRATION – TARGETED THROUGH XYLEM SAP FLUX ASSESSMENT VERSUS HYDROLOGICAL MODELING, Manuela Baumgarten – Technical University of Munich
- SAP FLOW AND WATER POTENTIAL OF PLANTS, Christian Heerdt – UGT
- MEASURING TOOLS FOR SOIL LABORATORIES, Sascha Reth – UGT
- INTRODUCTION OF GAS AND WATER ANALYZERS, Christian Heerdt – UGT
- INTEGRATED EFFECT OF CLIMATE AND OTHER ENVvIRONMENTAL STRESSES ON FOREST ECOSYSTEM, Algirdas Augustaitis – Aleksandras Stulginskis University
- PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATION OF SAP FLOW SENSORS AND STEM PSYCHROMETERS, Christian Heerdt – UGT Germany
UGT showed and demonstrated in the workshop also new products and measuring instruments:
Special focus was put on:
- Ready to go-Lysimeters, Laboratory lysimeters
- Soilinsight, ku-pF, to measure the unsaturated hydraulic conductivity as a function of water content and tension
- The fog Calcimeter,
- The FullRange tensiometer being able to measure suction tension until the permanent wilting point
- Overview about our moisture sensors UMP1 with smart phone applications and long term measurement options
Our special thanks go to Laima Taparauskiene – Vice-Rector, Aleksandras Stulginskis University;
We gathered a lot of good ideas and beyond the positive work result the friendship and personal understanding between all participants was great!
We look forward to implement the results and plan together further activities.